The Many Health Benefits Of Honey
Honey is more than versatile, varied and delicious. Research has shown that honey contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants3
- Alleviates Allergies: Honey acts like a natural vaccine. It can trigger an immune response that produces allergy antibodies.
- Cough Suppressant: The consistency of this delicious treat coats the throat while the sweet taste activates nerve endings that protect from incessant coughing.
- Sleep Aid: Honey promotes the release of serotonin. The body converts this to melatonin, which regulates quality and duration of sleep.
- Anti Microbial: Honey is a natural antibiotic. Honey has been used for centuries to remove bacteria from cuts and burns.
- Superfood: Honey contains many life sustaining substances - enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and water.
- Boosts energy: With 17 grams of carbohydrates per serving, its unprocessed sugars enter the bloodstream quickly giving extra energy.
- According to Dr Fessenden, author of "The New Honey Revolution," honey can have numerous positive effects on the body and restore the health of future generations. "Since ancient times, honey has been known for its many healthful benefits, but what many don't know is that the current medical research has validated many of those long held beliefs" 4
Heating honey removes many of the health benefits provided by this natural sweetener. We will never pasteurize our honey, ensuring you get all of the benefits of consuming raw honey.
Check out "The New Honey Revolution" and see how for just pennies a day, the consumption of honey could reap enormous health benefits.
The list includes Honey for: 4
- Detoxification of alcohol and liver health
- Oral health and gingivitis
- Superfuel for exercise
- Wound care
- Antimicrobial benefits
- Thyroid conditions
- Cardiovascular disease
- Brain health
- Obesity and weight gain
- Gastrointestinal health including Crohn's disease
3 National Honey Board, “Nutritional Benefits of Honey.” Sept 2008
4 Dr. Ron Fessenden, MD, MPH, "The New Honey Revolution." 2014